There are various varieties of Cannabis, but the two main types include the Sativa and Indica strains. Why is this relevant for you? Because if you’re looking for certain effects, it’s vital that you know the difference. This can apply whether you are looking to grow them, use them for medicinal purposes or simply for their effects. Here we will examine the differences between the two and how to choose the best one for your personal use.
Deciding What’s Best for Your Health
When it comes to making the right decision, you need to know what you want. Based on this, you can then decide which strain will better serve you. Here are the main medical differences between the Sativa and Indica cannabis strains:
- Has higher levels of THC, and lower levels of CBD.
- Highly energizing; best for daytime use.
- Aids in treating depression and promotes a sense of well-being.
- Stimulates creativity, and increases serotonin levels.
- Has higher levels of CBD, and lower levels of THC.
- Causes both mental and muscle relaxation; best for nighttime use.
- Treats acute pain.
- Increases dopamine levels.
Creating your Own Pharmacy
Once you have found a strand of cannabis that you are happy with, it’s time to figure out how to keep a steady supply on hand. Your best option may be to grow your own. However, this can be difficult without prior knowledge of how to grow and maintain these two strains. Here’s a quick cheat sheet to get you started:
- Best grown indoors
- Has a higher overall yield
- Dark green color
- Shorter, bushier appearance.
- Best grown outdoors, as it requires larger amounts of light.
- Has a longer flowering period.
- Light green color.
- Grows tall and thin, up to 5 meters.
In the end, regardless of the strand you choose, as you find that the effects of cannabis truly can help cure what ails you, you’ll be able to easier overcome the challenges you face, and grow to enjoy your life.